Sunday, March 27, 2011

Project 5 Noise Envelope and Sytrus

For this project I decided to make the static sound come in as more of a ocean sound than just to start off the song. I automated the fruity filter's cut off frequency and band pass to give it more of an ocean wishy washy sound. I also used the statics volume setting so that it also sounded as though the static was flowing back and forth like waves. As for the main theme I went for more of a chordal sound as made by Sytrus's Fairy preset. I altered the preset by making the notes flow in calming and resonate for a while then drift off. I added some delay and a chorus effect to the final mix to give it a "bigger" sound. I used 9 chords and 6th chords because it sounds more calm the way the chord is setup with the bass note. I have a bass come in halfway through that sounds more like an alien because the notes aren't separated and flow into each other seamlessly. The bass isn't just the bass note it rises and lowers chromatically and makes the waves in the background sound as though they are flowing even more.

1 comment:

  1. Very creative use of the noise feature, and a beautiful piece. This is some of your best work Brendon.

    ReplyDelete